|FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN’S ACTIVITY IN UKRAINE BY EXPERIENCE OF WESTERN EUROPE|
Department of Banking
Ternopil National Economic University,
|Abstract. The article deals with the problems of consumer protection of financial services. The activity of financial ombudsman as the most independent body for resolving disputes between customers and financial institutions was emphasized in the article. The active experience of such kind of the Institute in Western Europe was analyzed in the given research. In general, this analysis shows the need for a creation the authorized institute to protect the rights of consumers of financial services. It is important to note that for Ukraine German non-state system is perceptible. It is less bureaucratic, less expensive and more convenient for the banks, their clients and for legal system, especially for resolving disputes concerning small amounts which are of great number in Ukraine. Furthermore introduction of Financial Ombudsman Institute is a significant step towards European standards of the banking system and financial civilized market in Ukraine.
|Key words: consumer protection of financial services; financial ombudsman; European standards of the banking system; financial business.
|1. Alioshkina T. As a financial ombudsman is operated in other countries. Retrieved from http://slon.ru/economics/kak_finansovyy_ombudsmen_rabotaet_v_drugikh_ stranakh-867240.xhtml
2. David Thomas and Francis Frizon. Resolving disputes between consumers and financial businesses: Fundamentals for a financial ombudsman. A practical guide based on experience in Western Europe. January, 2012. Retrieved from: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTFINANCIALSECTOR/Resources/Financial_Ombudsmen_Vol1_Fundamentals.pdf.
3. Davidenko L., Kartoshkin P. Financial Ombudsman (Public Conciliator in the financial services market) in Russia: status and activities, Retrieved from: http://www.myshared.ru/slide/614535/
4. Hvatyk Y. INSTITUTE banking ombudsman as a defense of interests of participants of banking relationships. Retrieved from: http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/109312
5. Mamedov S. Why do Ukraine need financial ombudsman? Retrieved from: http://www.nabu.com.ua/ukr/press_centr/news/52273/
6. Pruza Tomash Financial Ombudsman promotes trust and level of participation in the financial sector. Mirror of the Week, Ukraine, 2012, 41, 16th of November, Retrieved from: http://gazeta.dt.ua/ECONOMICS/finansoviy_ombudsmen_pidvischue_doviru__ta_riven_uchasti_naselennya_u_finansovomu_sektori.html.
7. Surota A. Financial Ombudsman as Extrajudicial settlement system of disputes on financial market of Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of National University of STS of Ukraine (economics, law), 2013, 4(63), 67-72. Retrieved from http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua.
8. Yemelin A. Establishment of the Institute of Public
Mediator (Financial Ombudsman) on the Russian financial market, Money And Credit, 2011, 1, 46-49. Retrieved from: http://www.cbr.ru/publ/MoneyAndCredit/Emelin_1_11.pdf.
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|