|THE INFORMATION ECONOMY THEORY AS A LOGICAL STAGE OF POST-INDUSTRIAL SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT|
Ternopil National Economic University,
|Abstract. The author represents the new classification of information economy conceptions. There are many different names and directions to study and understand the essence of the new economy: knowledge economy, innovation economy, network economy, creative economy. Representatives of each direction served their own vision as the only correct. In such a situation to form a unified theory of the new economy is important to group concepts for their key competencies and their critical analysis, thats are presented in the paper. We concluded that the concept of technological structures cannot be called a complete concept of the information economy, because of it merely states the fact of technological changes affecting the economic relations and general conditions in the economy. It’s proved to use the name of the new economy "information economy" as the most general and comprehensive.
|Key words: information economy, knowledge economy, innovation economy, network economy, creative economy, Castells, Shumpeter, shumpeterian theory.
|1. Cader H. A. (2008) The Evolution of the Knowledge Economy // JRAP. #38(2). – 2008. – P.117-129.
2. Castells M. (2010) The Power of Identity: The Information Age: Economy, Society, and Culture / Blackwell Publishing. – 1989 pgs.
3. Intellectual Capital Accounts (1997). Reporting and managing intellectual capital / The Danish Trade and Industry Development Council, 81 p.
4. Kim B., Barua A., Whinston A. (2002) Virtual field experiments for a digital economy: a new research methodology for exploring an information economy // Decision Support Systems. - Volume 32, Issue 3, January 2002, Pages 215–231.
5. Knol N. (2001) Progress Towards The Knowledge-Based Economy / WIFO Working Papers, No. 161.
6. Labini P.S. (1995) Why the interpretation of the Cobb-Douglas production function must be radically changed // Structural Change and Economic Dynamics. – Vol. 6. – Issue 4. – P. 485–504.
7. Marginson S., Murphy P. (2009) Creativity and the Global Knowledge Economy: Peter Lang - 289 pp.
8. Masuda Y. (1980) The Information Society as Post-industrial Society / World Future Society, – 171pp.
9. Stonier T. (1989) The new economics of information / Stonier T., Jayaweera N., Robertson J., Boyle D. – New Economics Foundation. – 60 pgs.
10. Stonier T. (1983) The Wealth of Information: A Profile of the Post-Industrial Economy / Thames Methuen. – 224 p.
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|