|AXIOLOGICAL DOMINANCE OF BUDDHIST HUMANISTIC IDEAS IN TERMS OF SEARCHING STRATEGIES OF INTERRELIGIOUS TOLERANCE|
Associate Professor, Department of Cultural, Religious Studies and Theology
Yuriy Fedkovich Chernivtsi National University,
|Abstract. This article deals with the ethical ideas of classical Buddhism in terms of their semantic correlation with the humanistic values of other religious traditions and philosophical systems. The author synthesizes ideological heritage of the classical Buddhism (particularly guidelines of "Dhammapada" and a number of parables) as well as of modern ethical and philosophical discourses of the religion. The article gives a definition of the role of axiological resource in Buddhist ethics in terms of understanding and developing strategies to solve urgent problems and overcome the present crisis of spirituality, bring tolerance into interreligious phenomenon, proves denial of a number of stereotypes about the Buddhist ethical heritage to be rational. The author justifies the thesis that Buddhism (both philosophical and anthropological doctrine) has an effective potential of moral enthusiasm and constructive interaction in social initiatives with other religious confessions and philosophical traditions, oriented towards practical humanism and its social implementation. That’s the exact image of humanistic Buddhism that should be taught as primary at religious and moral education.
|Key words: values, Buddhism, religious ethics, humanisation of religion, "Dhammapada", ideological synergy, tolerance.
|1. Men, A. (1995). Brahmanizm, Buddizm, Krishnaizm, Mirovaya dukhovnaya kultura. Khristianstvo i Cerkov. Lektsii i besedy, Moskva, Fond imeni Menia, 154 p.
2. Fromm, E.(2008). To Have or to Be, London – New York, Continuum, 22 p.
3. Blagorodnyi vosmerychnyy put, Retrieved from: http://theravada.ru/8-noble-path.htm.
4. Dhammapada (1960). Moskva, Izdatelstvo vostochnoy literatury, 98 p.
5. Dhammapada (1960). Moskva, Izdatelstvo vostochnoy literatury, 76 p.
6. Dhammapada (1960). Moskva, Izdatelstvo vostochnoy literatury, 79 p.
7. Dhammapada (1960). Moskva, Izdatelstvo vostochnoy literatury, 79 p.
8. Fromm, E. (1990). Imet ili byt. Psikhoanaliz i religiya, Moskva, Progress, 250 p.
9. Buddiyskie pritchi, Electronic resource, Acsess mode: //http://esolibraryplus.narod.ru/budd_pr.html.
10. Buddiyskie pritchi, Electronic resource, Acsess mode: //http://esolibraryplus.narod.ru/budd_pr.html.  Dhammapada (1960). Moskva, Izdatelstvo vostochnoy literatury, 61 p.
11. Fromm, E. The Art of Loving, New York, Harper & Row, 71 p.
12. Ikeda D. (2004). Globalna etyka poyednaye dushi riznykh narodiv, Vsesvit, №9-10, 19 p.
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|