|APPROACHES FOR EVALUATING THE EFFICIENCY OF MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS IN THE BANKING SECTOR|
Faculty of Banking Business
Ternopil National Economic University,
|Abstract. In this paper describes main approaches to evaluating the efficancy of mergers and acquisition. The article considers the risk classification of bank mergers and acquisitions with the release of classification features and formation of clusters. In considering the acquisition of the banking firm as an investment was selected and reviewed in detail The Return on Investment Model.The main advantages of The Book Value Model were analyzed in this article as well.
|Key words: Banking sector, Mergers and Acquisitions, Risks, The Return on Investment Model, The Book Value Model, Evaluation, and Efficiency.
|1. Kogdenko, V.G. (2011) Ekonomicheskiy analiz [Economic analysis], Textbook, 2nd ed., Rev. and add., Yuniti-Dana, Moscow, Russia, 399 p.
2. Moiseev, S.R. (2009) Instrumentariy denezhno-kreditnoy politiki tsentralnogo banka dlya targetirovaniya inflyatsii [Tools of monetary policy of the central bank for inflation targeting], Abstract of Dr. Sci. (Econ.) dissertation, Moscow Financial-Industrial Academy, Moscow, Russia, 118 p.
3. The official site of the National Bank of Ukraine, available at: http://www.bank.gov.ua/.
4. Rybin, Ye.V. (2010) “Status and prospects of the market of bank mergers and acquisitions in Russia”, Bankovskoe delo, Vol. 6, pp. 8-11.
5. Tikhomirova, Ye.V. (2010) Bankovskiy audit [Banking Audit], Textbook, SPbGUEhF, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 66 p.
6. Uollas, T., Stal, R. (2010) Planirovanie prodazh i operatsiy [Planning and sales operations], Praktycheskoe guidance, 3rd ed., Peter, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 272 p.
7. Shirinyan, S.A. (2010) “International banking system and the ways of its improvement”, Ekoinvest, Vol. 1, pp. 506–530.
8. Yaremenko, N.S. (2011) “M&A in the banking sector in Ukraine: Recent Trends”, available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=705 (accessed September 02, 2011).
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|