|COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACCOUNTING FOR GOODWILL: DOMESTIC PRACTICE AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE|
Ternopil National Economic University,
|Abstract. In this article, we performed a comparative analysis of similarities and distinctions of the national and international standards of accounting for goodwill. In the research we studied the description of economic category "goodwill", its quality and components. We showed that the disclosures that are related to goodwill are frequently not submissive with the policy in accounting standards, consequently the research aims to improve the accounting regulations for goodwill from the perspective of a modern economic environment. Special attention was focused on the objectives and functional mechanism of the harmonization for accounting in Ukraine. We gave the ways for development of the Ukrainian legislation about goodwill in agreement with international principles.
|Key words: goodwill, intangible assets, intellectual capital, internal goodwill, IFRS, US GAAP, comparative analysis.
|1. Business combinations and changes in ownership interests A guide to the revised IFRS 3 and IAS 27. Retrieved from: www.iasplus.com
2. Sharma М., Neha (2014) "Сomparative analysis - a study of accounting standards on intangible assets of five countries" International Journal of Business and Management Invention ISSN, Volume 3, Issue 2, February. 2014, рp. 10-17
3. International Financial Reporting Standards. Retrieved from: http:// http://www.ifrs.org
4. Ratiu R. V. (2012). “Accounting Regulations for Goodwill at a National, European and International Level Romanian Statistical Review Supplement“, vol. 60, issue 4, pp. 249-258
5. Feleaga L., Feleaga N., Dragomir V. (2009), “National Standards and European Accounting Harmonization: Twenty Years of Scientific Literature in Review”, European Journal of Management, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 10-21
6. General Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP. Retrieved from: http://www.gaap.in.ua/archives/3447
7. Regulation (Standard) 19 "Business Combinations", approved by the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine on July 7, 1999 № 163, with amendments [WWW resource]. – Available at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/
8. Rezaee Z., Smith L. M., Szendi J. Z. (2010), “Convergence in accounting standards Insights from academicians and practitioners”, Advances in Accounting Volume 26, Issue 1, pp.142-154
9. Deloitte’s financial services. Retrieved from: http://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/industries/financial-services.html
10. Jerman V., Manzin M. (2008) “Accounting Treatment of Goodwill in IFRS and US GAAP“ Research papers, Volume 41, Issue 6: pp. 218-225
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|