|PROSPECTS OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS OF UKRAINE|
Senior Lecturer, Department of Enterprise Economy
Bukovina State University of Finance and Economics,
|Abstract. The demographics that exists today, employment of the rural population and the level of agricultural production on the example of Chernivtsi region are analyzed. It was established that the population of Chernivtsi region, including rural population, characterized by a tendency to decrease; availability of basic life-supporting factors in the rural areas of Chernivtsi region (educational, health, welfare, public utilities institutions) is much less than the demand and achieved level in the cities; the pace and level of agricultural development and the efficiency of agricultural production are insufficient; agricultural production among the last two decades was declining both in general and in per capita. The main aspects of agricultural policy of rural areas development in the EU are considered. The measures to ensure the sustainable development of rural areas based on EU guidelines are proposed, which should include: the implementation of multi-role of agriculture in society through special programs, grounding on the program SAPARD, used by EU countries; certification of rural settlements; introduction of urban standards of quality of life for rural settlements; reorganization of system of public administration in agriculture at all levels of rural self-government; development and implementation of programs for supporting development of agricultural credit cooperation; development and implementation of programs of social and engineering infrastructure in rural areas, integrated compact building in and improvement of rural settlements; design and implementation of programs for environmental safety and environment protection.
|Key words: development of rural areas, rural population, agricultural production, government agricultural policy, the common agricultural policy of the EU.
|1. Bitter, A. (2009) “State support of development of agricultural enterprises”, Scientific Bulletin of Chernivtsi National University: Collected Essays, Vol. 494, Economics, pp. 52-56.
2. Cherevko, G. (2006) “Government regulation of the economy in agriculture”, Kyiv, Znannya
3. Goncharenko, I. (2008) “Retrospective of formation of rural regions of Ukraine”, Regional economy, Vol. 3, pp. 204-209.
4. National Security Strategy of Ukraine. Ukraine in a changing world (project) Retrieved from: http://www.niss.gov.ua/content/articles/files/project-Litvinenko-dcd38.pdf.
5. The Law of Ukraine “About the priority of social development of rural areas and agriculture in the national economy”, 1992.
6. National Sustainable of rural development for the period up to 2020, (2010) The Economy of agro-industrial complex, Vol. 7, pp. 3-7.
7. Prisyazhnyy, M. (2011) “Socio-geographical studies of rural areas in the Russia”, Young Scientist, Vol. 4, pp. 127-133.
8. Kurdyumov, S. (1990) The laws of evolution and self-organization of complex systems. Moscow, Delo.
9. Nazarov, V. (1991) Doctrine of macroevolution, Moscow, Nauka.
10. Nosonov, A. (2001) Territorial system of agriculture (economic and geographic aspects of the studying), Moscow, Janus-K.
11. Razumov, V. (1998) “Philosophical propaedeutics of building of quality models”, Methodology and methods of the natural sciences: Collected Essays, Vol. 2, pp. 75-100.
12. Statistical Yearbook of Chernivtsi region 2013.
13. Statistical Yearbook of Chernivtsi region 2001.
14. Kotelyanets, V. (2007) “Transport factor in agriculture”, The Economy of agro-industrial complex, Vol. 10, pp. 93-95.
15. National Doctrine of Reform and Development of agro-industrial complex of Ukraine (project), (2011) Economy AIC. Vol. 4, pp. 3-6.
16. Malik, M. (2010) “Status and Problems of Sustainable Development of Rural areas”, The transformation of agriculture and rural areas: an anniversary collection of scientific articles, Lviv National Agrarian University, Lviv, pp. 69-76.
17. Kobuta, I. (2009) “The policy of state support of agriculture of WTO members”, The Economy of agro-industrial complex, Vol. 12, pp. 132-136.
18. Report on the common agricultural policy (2010) Houses of the Oireachtas, Joint Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Fourth report.
|Information about author:|
|FULL TEXT (pdf)|